Player of the Week:
Ben Lavery (Pictured) (St. John Fisher, ‘21 Dutch)
- Lavery had an unbelievable week at the plate, going 8-14 with 2 doubles, 4 home runs, and 13 RBIs.
- The Shen product leads the Empire 8 in Home Runs (8), RBI (31), and ranks 3rd in Slugging Percentage (.617).
Dutch in the Pros:
Sean Boyle (Double A Somerset Patriots, ‘17 Dutch)
- The Dallas Baptist product made his 2022 debut after carrying a 1.99 ERA through 86 innings and rising up the New York Yankees Minor League system last season.
- Boyle dominated in his start, throwing 5 innings, allowing just 1 run and 2 earned runs to go with 5 strikeouts for the Yankees Double A Affiliate.
Lucas Dunn (Single A Lake Elsinore Storm, ‘18 Dutch)
- The former Louisville star was 8-22 with 2 doubles, 2 triples, and 12 RBIs this week for the San Diego Padres Single A Affiliate
- Dunn now has three multi-hit games through his first eight professional games
Adam Zebrowski (Single A Augusta Green Jackets, ‘21 Dutch)
- The St. John Fisher product raked this week, going 5-15 with 3 doubles and 5 RBI for the Atlanta Braves Single A Affiliate
- The CBA grad is batting .280 with 7 RBIs and a home run for the Green Jackets.
NCAA Performers of the Week:
Justin Bench (#25 Ole Miss, ‘19 Dutch)
- Bench keeps contributing to #25 Ole Miss, as the Florida native was 6-18 with 2 doubles, and 4 RBIs this week.
- Bench leads the Rebels in doubles (9).
Luke Franzoni (Xavier, ‘19 Dutch)
- Franzoni mashed at the dish, going 7-16 with 3 doubles, 2 home runs and 8 RBIs this week.
- Franzoni’s 15 Home Runs ranks 2nd in the NCAA.
Luke Gold (Boston College, ‘19 Dutch)
- Gold mashed at the plate this week, going 7-17 with a double, home run and 4 RBIs.
- The Ballston Spa grad leads the ACC in doubles (17).
Jerry Huntzinger (Xavier, ‘18 Dutch)
- Huntzinger was raking at the plate this week, going 7-18 with 3 home runs and 5 RBIs.
- Huntzinger also logged 3 hitless innings with 2 strikeouts on the mound out of the bullpen.
Dylan Johnson (St. John’s, ‘21 Dutch)
- Johnson dominated on the hill, throwing 4.2 innings, allowing 1 run and 2 hits while ringing up 7 batters.
- Johnson has been a key piece to the Johnnies staff, as his 32 strikeouts leads the squad.
Jake Manderson (Georgetown College, ‘21 Dutch)
- Manderson had two separate dominant outings on the bump this week, logging 11 total shutout innings, while striking out 15 and allowing 5 hits.
- The Ballston Spa product threw 6 shutout innings with 4 hits and 8 strikeouts on Tuesday, then 5 shutout innings with 1 hit and 7 strikeouts on Saturday.
Connor McHugh (St. John Fisher, ‘21 Dutch)
- McHugh shoved in his start this week, throwing 5 innings, allowing 1 run and 4 hits.
- The Shaker grad leads the Empire 8 in Opposing Batting Average (.180).
Aaron Roose (Azusa Pacific, ‘19 Dutch)
- Roose was hot at the plate this week, going 7-17 with a double, home run and 5 RBIs.
- Roose leads the Cougars in OBP (.451)
Nick Schwartz (Southern New Hampshire, ‘21/’22 Dutch)
- Schwartz had an unreal week at the dish, batting 10-15 with 3 doubles, 2 home runs and 5 RBIs.
- Schwartz ranks 3rd in the NE10 in Batting Average (.424).
David Silva Jr. (Ohio Dominican, ‘22 Dutch)
- Silva Jr. raked for ODU, as he was 5-16, with 2 doubles and 5 RBIs on the week.
- Silva Jr. leads the Cougars in OPS (.880) and doubles (10).
Will Stroud (Azusa Pacific, ‘21 Dutch)
- Stroud was slugging this week, going 3-8 with 2 home runs and 5 RBIs this week.
- Stroud hit a long ball in two of his three starts this weekend, as Azusa Pacific won the series.
Mike Whalen (UAlbany, ‘19 Dutch)
- Whalen had a successful week at the plate, going 6-16 with a double, home run and 6 RBIs.
- The Albany Academy graduate ranks top three on the Great Danes in OPS (.863), Doubles (7), and Slugging Percentage (.762).