Player of the Week:
Ben Seiler (Pictured) (Siena College, ‘19 & ‘21 Dutch)
- Seiler threw 9 innings, while allowing just 2 runs and striking out 19 batters, a number that marks the most punchouts a pitcher has recorded in a single game at the D1 level this season.
- The Albany Academy grad ranks top five in the MAAC in ERA (3.74) and Strikeouts (68).
Performers of the Week:
Anthony Amoroso (College of Saint Rose, ‘19 & ‘21 Dutch)
- Amoroso threw a Complete Game, logging 7 innings while allowing 1 run in his weekend outing to go with 5 strikeouts.
- The grad student ranks top ten in the NE10 in ERA (3.20) and Complete Games (5).
Justin Bench (Ole Miss, ‘19 Dutch)
- Bench was 7-18 with a home run this week for the Rebels.
- The Florida native has picked up a base hit in seven of his past eight games, and currently ranks second on the Rebels in Batting Average (.307).
Matt Bergevin (Fairfield University, ‘22 Dutch)
- Bergevin was 8-19 with 10 RBIs, along with 3 doubles and a home run on the week.
- The incoming Stag ranks top ten in the MAAC in Home Runs (7), RBI (34), and Doubles (11).
Johnny Decker (Marist College, ‘21 Dutch)
- Decker was 7-17 with a home run, a double and two RBIs this week.
- The Albany Academy product has picked up a hit in 11 of 12 games since returning from injury, including a current eight game hit streak.
Aaron Dona (St. Thomas Aquinas College, ‘19 Dutch)
- Dona threw 7 innings, while allowing 3 hits, 1 earned run and striking out 6 batters.
- The Gloversville native ranks top ten in the East Coast Conference in ERA (3.54) and Strikeouts (63).
Connor Eisenmann (UAlbany, ‘21 Dutch)
- Eisenmann threw a Complete Game, 7 innings, 2 hits, 1 earned run, and 8 strikeouts.
- Eisenmann ranks second in the America East in Opposing Batting Average (.207), and fifth in ERA (4.30).
Luke Franzoni (Xavier University, ‘19 Dutch)
- Franzoni was 6-15 with 5 RBIs and a home run this week.
- The New Jersey native ranks 4th in D1 in Home Runs (16).
Isaac Humphrey (University of Louisville, ‘21 Dutch)
- Humphrey was 6-14 with a pair of doubles and 4 RBIs for the #22 Louisville Cardinals.
- The Kentucky native ranks 6th in the ACC in On Base Percentage (.487).
Tom Kretzler (SUNY Brockport, ‘21 Dutch)
- Kretzler was outstanding at the plate and on the mound, going 7-19 with 8 RBIs and a home run, as well as throwing 6 innings, 4 hits, 2 earned runs and 5 strikeouts in his weekend start.
- The Colonie product leads the Golden Eagles in Doubles (10), Home Runs (6), RBI (32), and Total Bases (66), while carrying a team leading 1.99 ERA through 40.2 innings of work.
Ben Lavery (St. John Fisher College, ‘21 Dutch)
- Lavery was 7-23 with 8 RBIs, two doubles, and a home run.
- The Shenendehowa product leads the Empire 8 in RBI (39) and Home Runs (9), while ranking top ten in Slugging Percentage (.598) and On Base + Slugging Percent (.989), and Hits (35).
Connor McHugh (St. John Fisher College, ‘21 Dutch)
- McHugh threw a Complete Game one hitter, going all 7 innings without allowing a run.
- The Shaker grad leads the Empire 8 in Opposing Batting Average (.152), and wins (5), while ranking second in ERA (1.93).
Arlo Marynczak (Siena College, ‘21 Dutch)
- Marynczak came out of the bullpen to throw 7 innings with 10 strikeouts and 4 runs en route to a Saints victory.
- The Bethlehem product ranks 9th in the MAAC in Strikeouts (52).
Nick Schwartz (Southern New Hampshire University, ‘21/’22 Dutch)
- Schwartz was 8-16 with 3 RBIs and a double on the week.
- The returning Dutch ranks second in the NE10 in Batting Average (.435) and On Base Percentage (.531).
Mike Whalen (UAlbany, ‘19 Dutch)
- Whalen was 7-13 with 5 RBIs and a double this week.
- The Albany Academy grad ranks top ten in the America East in Batting Average (.343) and On Base Percentage (.427).
Justin Wright (Saint Vincent College, ‘18 Dutch)
- Wright threw a Complete Game, going 7 innings, 1 earned run, and 6 strikeouts.
- The Pennsylvania native ranks 2nd in the Presidents’ Athletic Conference in ERA (2.14).