Player of the Week:
Tom Kretzler (Pictured) (SUNY Brockport, ‘21 Dutch)
- Kretzler had a ton of success in the SUNYAC Tournament this past weekend, batting .450 (9-20) with a triple, three home runs, and 11 RBIs at the plate, and threw a complete game, 9 innings that featured 11 strikeouts and just 3 earned runs.
- The Colonie graduate was named the SUNYAC’s Bob Wallace Player of the Year for the second consecutive year for leading the conference with 16 home runs, .795 slugging percentage, 1.90 ERA, and five complete games, as well as 62 RBIs which ranked second in conference.
- Kretzler’s 16 home runs and 62 RBIs this season both set Brockport single season records, while his career marks of 201 hits, 37 home runs, 159 RBIs are all program career records.
- The #23 Brockport Golden Eagles and their SUNYAC Player of the Year Tom Kretzler will host a Division III regional this upcoming weekend, and it marks the first time in program history that NCAA Baseball Tournament action will be in Brockport, New York.
Dutch in the Pros:
Sean Boyle (Double-A Somerset Patriots, New York Yankees Organization, ‘17 Dutch)
- Boyle worked six innings of two run ball last week that featured nine punchouts.
- Across his past three outings, the 2018 MLB Draft pick has thrown 16 innings with 11 hits, 3 earned runs, 2 walks and 25 strikeouts.
Lucas Dunn (Single-A Lake Elsinore Storm, San Diego Padres Organization, ‘18 Dutch)
- Dunn batted .316 (6-19) with two doubles and a pair of RBIs on the week.
- The University of Louisville product leads the Storm with his .300 batting average, .447 OBP, .491 slugging percentage, .938 OPS, 25 RBIs, 10 doubles, four triples, and 33 hits.
Kyle Zurak (Double-A Somerset Patriots, New York Yankees Organization, ‘14 Dutch)
- Zurak threw 3.2 shutout innings with two hits and three batters struck out.
- The Buffalo native has thrown 14.1 innings out of the bullpen this season without allowing a run, 19 strikeouts, and is holding opponents to a .154 batting average.
Performers of the Week:
Johnny Decker (Marist College, ‘21 Dutch)
- Decker carried a .400 average (4-10) with two RBIs this week for the Red Foxes who currently sit atop the MAAC.
- The Albany Academy product has a hit in 18 of 20 games, including eight multi-hit games since returning from injury on April 3rd,
Aaron Dona (St. Thomas Aquinas College, ‘19 Dutch)
- Dona dealt seven innings with seven strikeouts and two earned runs in his outing this week.
- The Gloversville native was named ECC All-Conference Second Team, as he carried a 3.66 ERA with 81 strikeouts across 66.1 innings of work in his senior season.
Evan Fox (Stony Brook, ‘21 Dutch)
- Fox carried a .462 average (6-13) with a double this week for the Seawolves.
- The Ballston Spa native has showcased his speed this year, as his four triples and 25 stolen bases both rank top five in the America East.
Ty Gallagher (Herkimer CC, ‘21 Dutch)
- Gallagher batted .500 (5-10) with a double and two RBIs this week for the Generals.
- The Saugerties native is batting .382 with 21 RBIs in 25 games played this season.
Luke Franzoni (Xavier University, ‘19 Dutch)
- Franzoni batted .429 (6-14) with three home runs, a double and four RBIs.
- Franzoni’s 23 home runs ranks 4th in Division I baseball.
Isaac Humphrey (#13 University of Louisville, ‘21 Dutch)
- Humphrey hit .333 (5-15) with a double, home run and two RBIs for #13 Louisville.
- The outfielder ranks top three on the Cardinals for his .331 batting average, .968 OPS, 12 doubles, and .473 on base percentage.
Dylan Johnson (St. John’s University, ‘21 Dutch)
- Johnson shoved in his weekend outing, tossing six innings of one run ball to go with five strikeouts.
- The freshman has dominated his past five outings at home; totalling 9.2 innings, one earned run, eight hits, and 10 strikeouts.
Parker Noland (Vanderbilt University, ‘19 Dutch)
- Noland held a .417 average (5-12) with two doubles, two home runs and five RBIs this week.
- The Knoxville native is carrying a .451 slugging percentage with 17 RBIs on the season for the Commodores.
Nick Schwartz (Southern New Hampshire University, ‘21 Dutch)
- Schwartz batted .500 (9-18) with a double and two RBIs on the week for the Penmen.
- The 2021 PGCBL First Team member ranks second in the NE10 with his .405 batting average.
Ben Seiler (Siena College, ‘21 Dutch)
- Seiler tossed eight innings while allowing three earned runs in his weekend outing.
- The Albany Academy graduate ranks top five in the MAAC with a 3.66 ERA, 76.1 innings and 82 strikeouts.
Will Stroud (Azusa Pacific, ‘21 Dutch)
- Stroud carried a .385 batting average (5-13) with seven RBIs and three doubles on the week.
- Through his past eight games, the California native is batting .393 (11-28) with five doubles, three home runs, and 15 RBIs.